Tuesday 21 February 2012

A Lost Soul

 A Lost Soul

Oh God of mercy, I have lost my way.
I have lost the book of my belief.
So I may read of God's great deeds.
Not to slip and fall without your call.
Soothe my brow and bend my knee
And quench my tongue with words from thee.
Count the digits on my hand
My palm, steed and lovers psalm
That I may greet and kiss your feet
Nothing dies, nor tree or vine .
Or even man when he sublimes
God counts us all that have his brand.
As man is god, and God is man.
He knows us all, and those who fall.
Seek him not in times of deeds, but look within your heart for needs
For conscience seeks our god within
So know ourselves, as he's within.
No sin or good a flower brings.
Like a nettle's sting  when a Robins sing.
Nothing falls within a cup
By chance of love or gamblers luck.
That man be lost for just a day
To fall and die amongst the hay?
He loves us all and  those who fall.
Than to let us die, and not be called?

No comments:

Post a Comment